Visual Communication II
Professor Niki Selken
- HTML Css reading and ask any questions: Text and Lists
- Talk about the Iterative Process and see two examples: Pharmacy Access Project and World Translation Foundation
- Show and Tell some of our favorite best or worst website finds
- Discuss what a prototype is
- Begin phase on of paper prototyping
- Read: What do Prototypes Prototype
- Read: HTML&Css Chapter 4 on Links
- Create paper prototype of all four pages and decide what will be on each
- DOUBLE HAMBURGER MENU!
Wireframes and Links
- HTML Css reading and ask any questions: Links
- Quiz on What do Prototypes Prototype
- Create Digital Wireframes for each page of your site (4 pages).
- Read: HTML&Css Chapter 18 on Process and Design
- Finish Visual Website Comps for Thursday's Critique
- For Tuesday Please read this article on Moore's Law as well as Jaron Lanier's Who Ownes The Future Reading on Canvas.
- Also finish revising your chosen website homepage design and populate your website with content.
- Read: HTML&CSS Chapter 13 on Boxes and Chapter 5 on Images
- Read: The Grid and Composition Article on Canvas
- Start putting text and images into your website using code.
CSS and Tables
Forms, Color, Text
- Read: HTML&CSS Chapter 11 + 12 on Color and Text for Thursday
- Keep putting text and images into your website using code.
- Sign up for a March 1st meeting time, this will replace class that day.
Color and Type
Logo Design and Biography Assigned
- You need to create at least nine small thumbnail drawings by hand of your logo design and two larger ones (can be made in Illustrator) from your favorites. Use this Thumbnail Template.
Images and Postitoning
- Please read: Tubes a Journey to the Center of the Internet (on Canvas)- There may be a quiz next class!
- Research and decide on your Bio/Documentary subject. We will discuss them next class.
Text Interaction and Research
- Create hand drawn paper wireframes for the 10 pages of your website
- Have at least five sources of information/videos/images to show me next class.
- Have your first page coded in html and css for next class.
- Write up the copy for your Interactive Doc in a Word or Google doc that will be on the website.
Interactive Doc Workdays
Begin Motion Project!
- Finish Presentations
- Creative Brief Presentation
- Brainstorm Social Change issues
- Break into groups based on Social Change Issue choices and start research
- Read Design Anthropology on Canvas and prepare for a quiz on Tuesday
- Research the Social Issue and finish Creative Brief for Tuesday. Turn it in on Canvas.
Iteration for Motion Project!
- Read Alone Together by Sherry Turkle
- Create paper prototypes of three design solutions from brainstorming sessions and Coggle. Post both to discussion board on Canvas for your Group by Thursday- 10 points
Making Animated Gifs
- Create a color pallate and choose fonts for the design of the site
- Have all the images and text written for the website by Tuesday's class and submit to canvas.